Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Limited Skewed View on Men is Affecting My Writing

As we all know, I'm a writer. So I am working on this story, cleaning it up (I got a real nice rejection letter from an Editor). Two things I do before each story are a character GMC chart (Goals, Motivation, Conflict) and list my five points in a story. It just helps me get a starting point and flow.

So anyway I'm doing my internal and external GMC for my heroine. I have three points per block. I'm writing away, really giving my heroine three dimensions and backstory that really explains her movement. She has come alive in my mind and somewhat on paper. I know her, I understand her, and therefore I can write her. Oh yeah, this story is coming together.

I do my five points of a story - oh yeah I love this. Much better plot. Nothing unglued about this.

I go to write my internal and external GMC chart for my hero...nothing. Okay, no problem. Let me take my mind off of it and walk around...nothing. Alrighty then, let me talk it out...nothing.

Kim's View #1
Women are complex. Men are simple

Kim's View #2
Women say part of what they mean. Men say what they mean.

Example
A man says - "I'm just kicking it."
A man really means - I'm just kicking it. I.E. I'm not trying to marry you or date just you. I have no other intentions but to just kick it.
Other interpretations - I'm just kicking it.

A woman says - "I'm just kicking it."
A woman really means - I will date until I find the one I can settle down with. I mean I have no real intentions of marrying. It isn't like someone is asking. Of course it would be nice if they did. The last guy I dated said he was ready for marriage and he ended up cheating on me. So yeah I can be like a man and just kick it. I mean you guys all mean the same thing. But I do hold hope that someone is out there. It could be you, you never know.
Other interpretations - If you want to just kick it, I'm fine with that for now. But I know once we get more serious things will change. I better not catch you messing around either.

You see what I mean. I have such a jacked up view of men and women. Please somebody help!!!!

No comments: