Sunday, June 24, 2007

Three Headed Unicorn - Young Asian Couples

The other day I saw a young Asian couple at the movies. I stared at them like I was looking at the three headed unicorn. I almost whipped out my cell phone and took a picture. It was like seeing the Loch Ness monster. No one would believe me if I told them I saw it.

As a black woman, I am sensitive to my own plight. Yes there are brothers out there who still date black women, that I know and that I'm sure of. However, we've all seen that statistic that Black Women are some 40 odd percent likely to not be married. And how black men date black women - yada yada yada. No need to rehash the same old discussion.

However, at least I see and know of black couples - young and old. I really feel sorry for Asian Men, because good Lord how often do you see a young Asian woman with an Asian man. I'll wait while you ponder on that............... still waiting.

Yes I've seen them. I even have a friend who is Asian and so is her boyfriend *gasp* but in general that is not a common every day occurrence. So this is a shout out to my Asian brotheren. Keep your head up. You too will find your match someday.

2 comments:

Around the World said...

looking forward to the 'socioeconomics of attraction'.

Sounds like a fancy term for "The handbook of a Golddigger."

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I see Asian couple all the time...

Gwyneth