Friday, March 23, 2007

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

So a while ago I went out on a date with this guy who was 6'7" I mention his height because it was his best attribute. Anywho, we had a date and made plans for another to which I was stood up. Now I knew he was going to stand me up. How did I know?
He calls me, lets me know he had a good time and would like to see me again. We decide to see a movie that Saturday. However, both of us had things to do that Saturday. I had a meeting (ie meeting and catching up with friends for late lunch) that I knew what time started but had no idea what time it would end. He also had a expo that he didn't know what time he would be out.
I informed him that I was pretty sure I would be out by 4ish. He said he would call me that morning to give me a time.
He called that morning, I was in the shower. I called back (I can't remember if he answered or we played phone tag for five minutes). Anywho, he was
"Hey, how are you doing?"
"Fine and you?"
Silence
Then some other non-descript chit chat. HIs only purpose in calling was to give me the time. We already had the location and movie. So I'm on the phone like this is some bullshit. I'm not going to ask/beg for a date. So I got off the phone. It was pointless chatter, not going anywhere and I could tell he was wanting something from me. Which I wasn't giving.
"Well I'm here at the place."
I can't remember if he said "Oh well call me back" or "I'll call you back."

Needless to say I didn't hear from him and I didn't go to the movie that night.

Sooo, he called like a week later. Can't remember the details of that conversation, but hey not important. I deleted his number shortly after.
He catches me online a month later and im's me. Then calls (hell his number is deleted so I don't recognize it).
We chit chat, and the moral is he asks for a second chance to make it up to me. Well I had several thoughts to go through my head
1. I really want to go to a blues club and maybe this is my ticket there
2. I have nothing to put on my blog
3. Free food
4. Damn, none of it seems worth it.

Number 1 and 2 won out (yeah I sacrifice for my adoring fans...all two of them:)

We spoke the next day and I realized/remember thinking he is a man who wants to be pursued by a woman. He wants the woman to show their interest and pursue. In fact he said somethign like he doesn't want to put in effort for it not to work out. Oh my God, Talk about a lazy ass man (see post on The Laziness of Men and If I Were A Man, My Scholong would fall off).

To make a long story short (yeah I know too late). The second chance date...I was stood up again. No call, no follow-up, nothing. Of course, I knew there wouldn't be.

(And before people, or rather the both of you, jump down my throat that I could call I did. Now granted it was in extreme boredom and I actually rolled my eyes before calling, but I did call. Of course, no answer)

Now that was ALL my fault. I am only posting this because Gwyneth needed an update.
Now here is the sad, sad statistic. I have been stood up ALOT. If I were a lesser woman I would be a bit depressed about that.
I am a firm believer in find the common denominator in situations, and the common denominator is me, but for the life of me I still can't figure it out. Cause if there is something that was a turn off, why make the plans.
And yes I DO NOT believe in persuing men. I am aggressive in all areas of life, but I don't wan tthe man I had to work hard for, and take all the initiative, just to get a date or attention. It just sets the precdence anyway.

Okay this has officially turned into a ramble. So I will end it now.
But I will say all the red flags went up from date one (just wasn't my type and he spent too much time talking about relationships. I'm like dude I just met you), but this damn blog has me seeking dates anywhere (don't you love how I blame you for it:)

2 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Wow, he seems like a loser with a capital L. I don't understand why the dummy would make plans and then not follow through either. But I do appreciate all that you go through to satisfy my nosey need to get all in your business and find out about your life in the dating game. I certainly do.... :-)

Gwyneth

Unknown said...

Yes, he is a Lazy Ass Man!! I have realized that I get stood up when guys determine that the date is not going to end in bed. There is ususally that stupid pointless conversation where he wants me to set the agenda (ask him to come over) and when I don't set the agenda then he doesn't show for the date. When he realizes that he is going to have to do some work he punks out. Don't take it personally. Your adoring fans appreciate your tenacity in the dating world. I need to start contributing the escapades of my alter ego. She is such a slut!! LOL