Saturday, January 5, 2008

12th Grade Game

Now since I am a woman, my perspective is just that of a woman's. And since both my loyal viewers are women then unfortunately, I wont get the man's perspective on this.

This topic is for the classic lines that we have heard our whole life to flirt with us or get the draws.

1. "You here with your man."

I always try not to roll my eyes when I hear this. This not so subtle line has been used since the dawn of man. I always appreciate the men who just straight out ask instead. AND its a leading question.

"You here with your man?"
"No."
"Oh where is he?"
Now at this point your asking personal questions. But its all leading to me saying "I don't have one.

variation #2
"You here with your man?"
"No?"
"You got a man?"
"No?"

Now wouldn't it have been easier to just ask from the get go. That's what I list is as 12th grade game.

2. My favorite and all time classic is "Come over to my place and let's watch a movie." or "Why don't we go to your place and watch a movie."

Aw come on. Are you shitting me? Come stronger than that high school line. What is the probability that he has every intention of watching a movie and calling it a night. NONE. Movies are intimate especially when in someone's house. But we all know that, still its a classic get-the-draws line...from HIGH SCHOOL!!
Yet grown ass men still use it. And that's why its a classic.

Those are the big ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm going back to bed to drink some lime water and take some cold-eeze.

If you have 12th grade lines to add, I'd certainly like to see them.

1 comment:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

The second option of just asking if you have a man is better for sure. On the "let's go to your place/my place to watch a movie..." I'd have to say I'm torn. Not that I believe for one second anyone who says that wants to watch a movie only... But I do think it is a ploy for getting folks close/closer so that they have the space and time to work on the person. Now they could say come over so that I can do you. But where is the wooing in that? The lead in the verbal foreplay. I'm all for taking the upfront no-frills approach and folks just saying "hey, wanna go have sex?" But, I would like to leave the door open for a little coaxing...

Great post!

Gwyneth