Friday, January 4, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

A new day and a new dawn. So what are your resolutions?

Mine
Resolution - Read the bible by December 31, 2008.
How I plan to accomplish - I am following a schedule that a co-worker gave me. Everyweek they have assigned chapters from the following categories Law, History, Psalms, Poetry, Prophecy, Gospels, Epistles. I thought this would be better than reading from beginning to end, since I tried that schedule and never made it past Genesis. (They did alot of begotting in that book)
Progress - I'm already behind schedule. Joshua is a boring chapter. I hope it gets more exciting as I read.

Resolution - Be healthier mentally, physically, and spiritually
How I plan to accomplish it - Hell if I know. Will let you know in February. First though is a mind set change that recognizes I need to be healthier in all those arenas. I'll be enlisting help in those areas.
Progress - Hey working on the mind and recognizing I need help. I realize that Strong Black Woman is oftentimes I weakness.

Resolution - Balance. I no longer have a work/life or work/writing balance.
How I plan to accomplish it - Talk to a career counselor
Progress - Going to seminar at end of month dealing with some of these issues

Resolution - Get my mojo back, write, and submit
How I plan to accomplish it - Hell if I know. I just know I need to at a different place in my writing than I am now.
Progress - absolutely none

Resolution - Take Martial Arts class with weapons training. It has been on my list of things to do for a long time and I have yet to do it.
How I plan to accomplish it - 1. Save my money and budget. Martial Arts is expensive.
2. Check out martial arts studios in my area that have weapons training.
Progress - Checked out one studio already. Calling a few more that I discovered. Will take one class per studio to check out instructor, etc. Then decide. I do like the Korean Martial Arts studio I went to yesterday. So it is definitely staying on my list.

Thats all I have for now. Do you have any?

No comments: