Saturday, January 5, 2008

Sea of Love/One Night Stand

I was watching Sea of Love, a damn good movie. As I was watching, two things came to mind.

1. Al Pacino is little. I guess I already knew that, but DAMN he is LITTLE. A little man who always puts out powerful roles. I guess size doesn't make a difference...just kidding. We all know it does:)

2. One Night Stands are not safe.

Okay this is stating the obvious, and yet so many people do it. I can say I have NEVER had a one night stand and NEVER will. I always tell people "Be safe." And usually that entails using condoms, dental damns, and whatever it takes so you don't come home with an STD. Those of you who read my blog know, I consider a kid a STD just as much as AIDS. (Read the posts on the subjects).

There is more out there than STD's - CRAZY PEOPLE. Yeah I'm not saying live in fear, but there is a line between living in fear and being smart about your choices. Let me tell you about the scene that made me think about this.

Warning Contains movie spoilers but not plot spoilers
The movie is about two cops (Al Pacino, John Goodman) searching for a serial killer. One of the alleged suspects (Ellen Barkin) meets Frank (Lead Detective played by Al Pacino)and later that night goes home with him. They are all hot and heavy - kissing, tonguing, and groping. In the midsts of all this passion she throws her purse on the floor. Suddenly, she stops. Excusing herself to go to the bathroom she grabs her purse off the floor where he sees the butt of a gun.

As I watched, I thought This man has no clue who he has just brought to his home. He has no idea who he is choosing to spend the night (or hour) with. Do you know who you are taking home with you?
A brother with a big dick, who knows how to work it. (Accountant - safe)
A brother with a big dick, who knows how to work it. (Night Shift at the Post Office - a shit talker, but safe)
A brother with a big dick, who knows how to work it. (In Sales. Oh yeah and has a habit of beating women when he gets mad and doesn't get his way. Hope you don't make him mad.)
A one minute brother with a little dick, who can't work a remote (Well outside of the obvious disappointment, he is also a killer.)

The point is you don't know. Safety, is more than a condom. You know the old saying 'God watches over fools and babies.' Well none of us are babies, but Lord knows we have done some foolish things. Of course, we can opt to be smart.

Ladies, Gentlemen, BE SAFE. THINK SMART.

Yeah it's my PSA(Public Service Announcement), of sorts. Do they normally say 'dick' in PSA's?

1 comment:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Look at you being all nice and giving a PSA... This is so true though. I've never brought a person home from a club or bar for a one-night stand. I will say that you can get to know folks as well as you think possible and still end up with a lunatic in your bed...

And I am cracking up that you have added crazy people to your list of STDs. You know you need to take the babies off though... ;-)

Gwyneth