Friday, February 9, 2007

Carpe Moment

If I knew how to say moment in latin I would have used it. I'm all for carpe diem (seize the day), but you may not have a day. Seize the moment. For every breath, every moment, every second is blessing. It is not guaranteed that you will have another.
Yesterday morning I was notified of the death of a family member. She was young, healthy, and really by all "technical" accounts should still be alive, but she is not. She went to sleep and didn't wake up.
I called every person I had been "meaning" to call, thinking about, and just had a fleeting thought. You never know if you will have another opportunity.
On that same note, if you are not happy with your life, your job, your whatever, change it. Could of, should of, would of won't cut it. Carpe moment. Be happy, fulfill your dreams, make a mark on this world. Call relatives that you've been harboring a grudge on, you don't want the last word to be a word of malice.
Carpe moment, is there some woman/man you're digging? Say something! Quit staring! Carpe moment, you never know if you'll get another.

No comments: