Friday, February 9, 2007

Determinded much??

Valentines day rolls around and as usual I celebrate it with the one I love...myself. Deciding against getting drunk and taking advantage of myself I opted to go have dinner and drinks with friends at a local tavern.
I invited my new male friend. Now let me explain friend. I don't mean "friend" but a real friend. We did at one point try to date, but I realized we werent compatible and asked to just be friends, while explaining my issues.
Fast forward to Valentines. I invite him out to go to the tavern (as I did with my other friends). He said maybe since he was very anti-Valentines day.

So I'm the first to arrive at the place and I have a drink and a salad while waiting for my always late friends. He said he would stop by just to say hi to me.

He is a fellow writer, we hugged, talked about writing and then
He asked if I was still single and let me know he was still going to pursue me. It was now a challenge and he wasn't giving up.

Uuuh what does one say to that? I felt like a sheep being preyed on by the big bad wolf.

BTW - He said that BEFORE I invited him over to write with me on Sunday. Check out the future postings for that one.

2 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Ohh... yummy... a chase... I love a good chase! I hope he catches you. I like determination in a guy. You'll have to keep us posted for sure. :-)

Gwyneth

K.D. KING said...

Yeah, I am a living romance novel...of sorts. Nah definitely romantic comedy.

I'll keep you posted.