Friday, February 9, 2007

You should write real stories like Zane

To write or not to write...
That is the questionI'm sure at this point you have seen my commentaries on admitting I write erotica. So I won't rehash old issues, but bring to the table the new one that happened TODAY. So I'm on the phone. Normal questions about what do you do.
"Oh I write."
"What do you write?"
Believing that I've learned from previous mistakes "Fiction."
"What type?"
"Just general fiction."
"Oh that's cool, based on real stories and life."
So that's when I had the epiphany. Those who don't write would probably assume that is comes from real life. I mean it's not like I told him I wrote paranormal, sci-fi, and fantasy. (Which of course, is what I write. It just happens to have the word erotic in front of it)."No, nothing real. All made up." (Now I do believe that some of the best stories have a bit of truth to them or are based on it...but I digress)
"Oh so you have a really creative mind."
*mental shrug* "Yeah, I guess"
[A small break to discuss the job that pays by bills. Also known as working for massa aka "slave for the man"]
"You know you could write real life stories like Zane."
*mental sigh* Damn, Damn, DamnThe moral of the story - I can't win for losing.
Stay tuned for more posts of No Sex in the City.

No comments: