Friday, February 9, 2007

Enjoy the Seasons

As some of you may know I had a death in the family. I went to Texas and stayed with my brother and family. I brought back many things from that trip and decided to post them on my blog (see death and skeletons in the closet). Every morning I woke up when the house woke up. My brother, then my sister-in-law, then their kids (12 year old twins). One morning I woke up and cooked breakfast and a couple of times I cooked dinner. Yes I was fully stepford wives domesticated. Hell one morning I woke up to the kids fighting to which I told them to carry their asses to school. But I digress, when I came home to peace and emptiness I truly appreciated it. Not that I didn't enjoy my stay with my brother, because I did. But that wasn't my life, my season.Too many times we complain about where we are in our lives instead of truly appreciating it. When you're single you want to be married. So that becomes your focus "where are the men," "I need a man," "I'm getting older and I'm not married," etc. Guess what if you spend your singlehood complaining and desperate for marriage and family you'll spend your married life regretting you didn't do all there was to do when you were single.Enjoy the season you are in.Don't worry that there is no one to take you to the movies, go with your friends or *gasp* go alone. You want to check out that new restaurant...GO!!! You want to travel - then travel! Don't wait for a life you don't have. Do it now. Enjoy the time, the season. Make the fullest of it. Don't take it for granted. That way when you're in your next season, there are no regrets and you can truly appreciate every moment and nuance (well maybe not every) or your new season.Your life is like a train, it keeps moving making different stops and as with a train people get on and people get off. If you stop/dock your train cause you're "looking" for something or someone, you'll never have other people getting on. And you just might miss the picking up the person that will bring you into another destination, or season.So until then I will enjoy my singlehood, my apartment with me being the only resident. I'll cherish that I'm the only one i have to take care of, cook and clean for. Oh yeah, I'm loving every minute of it. And thanks to a little trip to the big state of Texas, I'll never complain or take it for granted again.

No comments: