Friday, February 9, 2007

What is your foundation?

Relationships, they are built upon a foundation. Assuming you date not to date anymore, hell even if you don't. Whatever you have must be built on a foundation of something.
The foundation is what you absolutely need in a partner in order to continue, to build. My foundation is faith (must be Christian), communication (listen and talk, don't like to pull teeth), NO KIDS (yup, I should have put that second). And sure all the other normal stuff (honesty, yada yada ya)
The foundation is unbreakable. This means, there is no compromise, no "well we'll just see," or "he could change." You either have what it takes to build that foundation or you don't.
In order to build on it, you MUST know what your foundation is. And knowing that is knowing yourself. If you don't know maybe it's time to do a little self exploration.
Recently, I met someone to which I know I cannot build a foundation. I am Christian and he "might" believe in "a light at the end of the tunnel." Hey to each his own, no judgement. But I realize that I can't build a foundation from that. There is no up to go, because there is no building.
What a bummer too, cause I liked the guy. But in the end, he is for someone else not me.
Another thing is it does not take long to figure out if has the ingredients for your foundation. It should not take three months, two months, hell really after the third date you should know. (not if he is "the one," that's only in romance novels, but rather that is NOT the one).
So I ask you, what is your foundation?

No comments: