Friday, February 9, 2007

Two Deadliest STD's in the Black Community pt. II

Okay we've already discussed KIDS as an STD, now lets discuss AIDS.Black women are the highest number of reported new cases. Why?And I'm not being sarcastic or retorical here. I really mean it. That has always confused me, cause it seems that with black women should have been black men. But it's just the women. So is it that the men knew and they cases have been reported. So they are sleepign with women KNOWING the have HIV? I don't know. If it is the case, then who is to blame. I KNOW beyond of shadow of a doubt that no man can give me an STD without first knocking my ass otu and drugging me or holding a gun to my head. (provided I haven't cut him with my shank...hey I'm from Chicago). Why? Cause I do three things.1. I don't sleep with just anyone2. I demand an STD test before intimacy3. I demand condom useNot some of the above, but all of the above. (See next blog "No Sex in the City")Whatever the reason for the rise in HIV numbers amongst women in our community. We have to realize this disease is not like the flu. You can't just catch it. As I typed that I realized, even the flu is preventable with a shot. A cold is pretty preventable by taking Airbourne or similar product. And guess what AIDS is preventable by caring about your own life and protecting it.If someone was standing on top of a building shooting bullets would you run out there? HELL NOIf someone said tomorrow you will die if you leave your house. Would you leave your house? HELL NOIf someone told you tomorrow someone is going to aim a gun at your chest an shoot. Guess what tomorrow I'd be wearing a bullet proof vest (or that shit they wore in Lord of the Rings)I am telling you, if you don't wear a condom you will die.WEAR A CONDOM There are some women who get this disease in a committed relationship. Their partner has passed it on to them.To my sisters that have contracted the disease like this I am very sorry. Actually to all my sisters living with HIV. I am very sorry.I am at a loss on what to do to stop men from cheating and bringing their diseases back home to their women. I am open to the discussion so we can get this disease under wraps and stop the destruction of our community.

No comments: