Friday, February 9, 2007

Does he make you laugh

A few weeks ago a friend asked me that question about a guy I dated/was dating/was seeing (pick the term that appropriately fits, cause hell if I know).

I thought about it. "Well no, I mean I don't think so. I can't remember laughing or anything. I mean maybe."

Her response. "Well that's too bad...I stand by my question - Does he make you laugh, and darlin, if the answer is "not so much" then hit the ground runnin, cause it ain't worth it. Your laughter is totally contagious and if he does not bring that out in you. then he sucks! (For lack of a more mature way to say it ) "
The obvious conclusin that you as the reader will take from this is that my friend is from the south:)

But I began to think. Damn I don't think I've been with anyone that makes me laugh. That's damn depressing. I love to have fun, be goofy, be silly, be serious, and laugh. Its so freeing to me.
So really I have not been free. *Amistad quote* "Give us free"

Though I really only have five requirements (no kids, christian, no kids, tall, no kids) I will have to add "makes me laugh" because there is nothing pleasurable than being free to laugh and having someone bring that out in you. (Of course, this excludes wild, hot, floor shaking, knees quaking, swinging from the chandelier, bending over, flipping backwords, tilting, loving, suckiing, licking, on the verge of blackout, calling out names in five different languages until you become hoarse and lose the ability to speak and scream, sex)

2 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Hmm.... Laughter is important. But I'm not sure that I would put it in my top five. Conversation would be though, someone I could really talk to about issues and life in general. Someone who I can get deep with or be silly with... just talk to and connect with. And I'm sure some laughing will occur... I think when you connect with someone on that level, when they really get you, then of course there will be laughter. Great post!

Gwyneth

MBlaine31 said...

My list used to be similar to yours (no kids, Christian, no kids, reformed rough neck, no kids). Now that I am a bit older it looks like (no kids, Christian, sends me special notes and cards, reformed rough neck, makes me laugh).