Friday, February 9, 2007

Say it Loud, I'm Black And I'm Proud

So I was having date number two with the guy who caused me to eat crow. (See previous No Sex in the City post). We decided on dinner and a movie. Originally we were going to see Pan's Labyrinth, but it has not been released in Atlanta yet.He asked "Is there anything you've been dying to see?"Now of course the answer was yes, there was a movie I had been dying to see. Because of my lazy moping around I hadn't made it to see it. So I debated the answer. Thinking of who goes to see the movie and the reaction. So now let's talk about my beautiful people.MY people when a movie is good, shout out at the screen. When its riveting they comment. I had a friend text me from the movie with this"...Why are people shouting and clapping like it's church."Oh yeah THAT'S my people. So now did I want to go to see a movie that I knew envoked so much...reaction from my people.Well hell yeah! It is what it is. I love my folks good, bad, and ugly. If I get to pick the movie, then I'm going to see my hearts desire. I don't care, I'm black and I proud and dammit we are going to see the movie."Yes, actually there is one...Dreamgirls."I explained what dreamgirls was about and we made plans to see the movie and grab a bite from the restaurant next door."Really I don't care what movie we see, I just want to see you." I turned red from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. I'm a sucker for purty words.Did I mention I have a tendency to overthink things?

No comments: